Thursday, August 24, 2006

What is That Smell?

I worked today and will for the next 10 days or so. I am working for a research company doing phone work. And yes, it is as humiliating as it sounds. But the people are nice because they have done this before and are therefore more receptive. I only got 4 immediate refusals all night. But that wasn't the worst part. The woman that trained me...She had a smell. Not BO, not mothballs...Death. I remember the same smell from when I was visiting doctor's offices when I was young enough to still believe that I could be a doctor. I was part of a program. That's where I saw my first pap and colonoscopy.

Anyway, this woman had the smell of one particular office, can't remember his specialty though. The one who did skin and bone graphs. That smell of death was in everything. This woman is perfectly nice, but she smells noxious and I fear she is rotting from the inside out. She will explode someday and I will be there to be covered in bowel. I have seen CSI, I know what happens. It is bad.

Thankfully, a few hours in, she went to work in the next room. I was able to breathe again.

5 Comments:

At 11:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like she has perio breathe. It will never so away. From the mom

 
At 11:55 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

But it was her whole, very large, being.

 
At 9:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it can do that to a body or maybe she has a perfume you are not aware of or did she just smell like pee? from the mom

 
At 9:51 AM , Blogger sheashedeed said...

Yuck! Nothing worse than somebody that stinks! Okay, there are, but whatever...I once worked with this lady that smelled like onions all day - it was her bo! I despise the smell of onions! Hang in there Betty!!!

 
At 9:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, the last first since I've been behind. You're a lot more qualified than you think. I studied English, yet I've been a clown in the circus, dealt blackjack, worked as an assistant pitboss, was a biofeedback therapist [not quite sure what that is to this day], etc. etc. You'll get the right position, I'll try to help you think of something.
As for the current thing, I have no words, but you'll have to pardon me for laughing. The simple matter of fact description had me cringing, but I couldn't help laughing out loud when I tried to envision you holding a conversation while simultaneously holding your nose. Lack of sleep, and mounds of paper work do drive those odd images to mind.
There's always a silver lining, you don't work for a mortician, you're not on cleaning duty at a Chinese restaurant, you don't do hits for the mob, and you aren't creating PR for maggot farms. Probably still doesn't help, but I figured thinking of something worse will help a little.
Not my best lines, but I'm feeling the fatigue of being on the road to work at 5:30 creeping in. I'll try to do better next time. Give me a call or send me an email when you can....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home