Monday, September 11, 2006

Observations

There are few things in this world that I want. Peace is at the top. A pair of high heels that don;t pinch my feet is a close second. A construction crew that doesn't start before 9am just moved into the top three, pushing out getting a job. Yes, they are doing some work on the concrete in the back of the building, where I live. That's fine, it may need to be done, I don't know. But did they have to start so early. Yes, it is probably my fault having spent another late night with Fidget (things are going very well BTW, his family likes me. I've met most of the clan), but still...Diesel is not a happy smell to wake up to.

Also...I have come to realize that I am in that incredibly grey area of adulthood where I can shop in the both the junior and adult section of the store and where I am completely confused about the rules governing sex. In high school it was easy, I didn't. In college it was a little more difficult. I have never been the type to just jump into bed with someone. Most of the people I have been with I have known for years. But post college/young career time is hard. BNBB Matt says if I can wait 4 weeks, then my staying power is amazing. Matt is a bit of a whore though. Some say if it is right, do it (everyone). Others say wait (mom). I have been testing the limits of my self control in other aspects of my life. These experiments have proven that if I put my mind to it, I can stalve off anything.

But what if I don't want to anymore? Don't I deserve a little happy? I guess I will continue on the path of "when it happens, it happens."

PS -It's the 5th anniversary of 9/11, hug someone you love, do something kind for a stranger. Remember the past or we are doomed to repeat it.

2 Comments:

At 12:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, the LLS here. Having a few notches on your bedpost is just fine...do what you want, be happy, if it's a mistake, you'll find out soon enough and hopefully learn from it. However, knowing you for as long as I have, I can say this: You deserve to be happy, so carpe diem, or seize something else if the mood strikes you. And another note: Never listen to a man for advice governing your sex life. They are almost all whores. Use Sex and the City as your guide, don't be a Samantha, be a Carrie, but take advice from them.

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

When the time is right, it will happen. And they are all whores, dirty ones.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home