Sunday, October 01, 2006

Call of the Wild

I survived camping and it was fun! I had a really good time. I am a little dehydrated and altitude sick, but it was still a good time. We talked (mostly about sex) and made a great fire and set up the tent incredibly fast. We weenie roasted and made s'mores and played games. I learned things about Brian and Daria that I may not need to know but are certainly interesting to have in the memory banks.

We went on a hike with the dogs and found this really cool teepee that some of Daria's friends built a couple of years ago.

Only drawback - It was freezing last night and I forgot my coat. I had my shirt and sweat shirt and my sleeping bag, but it was still fucking freezing.

Also, I think we were visited by a deer in the night. I heard things outside the tent (too cold to sleep) and I got scared (I started to hyperventilate). But I calmed down and eventually slept for a little while.

I never realized just how dirty you could get while camping. My hands were covered in soot. But it all came off with a shower which I promptly took when I got home.

I lost my ability to smell for a while too.

Bo came over and we went out for lunch. I have the sweetest boyfriend ever.

5 Comments:

At 6:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Camping is bad. Just as I thought...what you thought was a deer was probably a bear! that's why I never took you into the wild. We BRIGHT girls survive just fine in the confines of a shoe store. Air conditioning is good.

 
At 6:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Betty Lou thinks her fan club is diminishing. I say we should all check in with Betty Lou just to tell her that her fan base is growing. So everyone that reads Betty Lou's blog needs to respond with a rousing "here". I'll start...Hummm OK. Betty Lou, I read your blog faithfully, keep up the good work. Love M

 
At 9:30 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Camping is fun. Too small to be a bear and i love you all.

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger chinchilla said...

I like some names, but not ours! Thanks!
If you write, I will read.

Congratulations on the new start today!

 
At 3:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Chincilla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home