Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My Kingdom for a Spa Day

Let me just tell you. If you have never been to a spa, they are god’s gift to us and should be enjoyed for all they’re worth. I went for the first time on Saturday with the mom. It was my birthday present from the rentals and it was divine. Massage, facial and manicure.

Heavenly.

The only other massage I have ever gotten was a therapeutic one that hurt like hell. I blogged about it, you remember. This was an hour long relaxing massage with lavender oil and I was a puddle afterwards. If she had asked me to sign over my soul at that point, I would have. I have been telling the BF he needs to go to massage school and this just renewed my enthusiasm for the particular career move (he won’t do it, but it’s a nice dream).

Then, the facial. My skin has never felt so good or so even toned. Also very relaxing, darkened room, steam, masks, happiness. At this point I have been naked for about 2 and a half hours (there was a robe, you perverts) so I begrudgingly put my clothes back on and got my mani.

My manicurist was very nice, very talkative, which was a change from my other two relaxation facilitators (Maggie and the esthetician who I cannot name for the life of me). Then lunch with mom and trying to figure out what to do next. We decided that I would help her with some projects down in A-town and she would make me dinner. Since I am never one to pass up free meal, I called the BF and asked him to meet me down there in a few hours as dad needed some help with the new monstrosity of a TV he’d just bought. This thing is huge, great picture, but huge!

He got that all hooked up (he’s very techno-savvy), now with more than three colors and sound and we had dinner with the rentals.

Anyway, I think I need to find a good massage place and do that a few times a year. Once every 25 years is so not enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home