Saturday, November 04, 2006

Get out the Vote

It is election time here in The Middle. And let me just say, this is the whinist election I have ever seen. With all the muck-racking and negitivity, it is surprising that these people are considered adults. They are more like bickering children in the back of the car, if you ask me. There are several big issues (same ones as last time, it never changes, my rage just grows) that this election is covering and I just wanted to let you all know my opinions on them, because well, you choose to read this blog and therefore value my opinion in some small way.

The big issues this year are marriage and drugs.

There is all this blather about how domestic partnership undermines the concept of marriage...well, guess what? They are do that themselves. Fifty-two percent of marriages end in divorce. And they are giving us this crap about how if 2 men or 2 women choose to be with each other, they are going to bring down society. HA! Logic is clearly not their strong suit. That's been proven so many times.

On that note, they also bring up the arguement, if you can call it that, that gay parents raise gay kids. Sorry no, any human born has as much of a chance of being gay as the next person. If you don't believe that, then why do gay people come from straight families?

I do not advocate drug use in anyway. I like a stiff drink every now and again, but that's not illegal. Anyway, I say if you can grow it, leave it alone. When you have to create it in a lab type setting and HASMAT has to clean it up, that's bad.

And there are a couple more. And you should read them, form some opinions and do something about them.

The governors race is just a joke at this point, as is the congressional race. The Republican candidates are douches. The Democratic candidates are tools. I don't want to vote in those races. I don't like any of the candidates, but I don't want to waste my vote, I have done that enough when I was younger and didn't do my research.

I feel disillusioned when I research, the mystique is gone. It's like sitting too close to the stage.

On a final note, The Government has no right to regulate or push their opinions onto me about who I love or choose to marry, what I do to my body or how I end my life.


5 Comments:

At 12:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't marriage and drugs the same monotonous standpoints every year? And why are you giving you mom such a hard time?

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger chinchilla said...

Haha....we wrote about the same thing. You totally beat me to the punch though - and you're a lot more eloquent.
d

 
At 2:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a new enjoy-er of Chinchilla's blog! Very funny. However, my LGBT supporter big sis brings some very good points to the Middle. You people have screwed up marriage for the rest of us happy-go-lucky gays, so what else can we expect except to take the rulings as they come but hope for the best...LLS

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

The word mom isn't even mentioned in the post, Anon. Where do you see me giving you a hard time?

 
At 6:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK This is mom and no one is giving me a hard time. Maybe ANON is mixed up. Anyway, just so you know how I voted. This goes right to the LLS who is my kid. I voted against the amendment stating that marriage will only be recognized between a man and a woman. You can't help who you fall in love with. So you can skip back to CO knowing that I have your love interests in mind. And to you my very sensitive journalistic daughter....it is sad that you now know someone that has been raped and it is a very sad state of affairs that we live in a society. Unfortunately, it's been this way forever. It just came a little too close to home and you had a very good reaction. Now will you all finally listen to your collective mothers when we say to be very careful in this cruel cruel word. We want nothing but the best for all our sons and daughters. Love MOM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home