Friday, November 17, 2006

Crosswalks

Why does no one use the crosswalk anymore? I saw two people today at two different times of the day crossing the street without using the crosswalk. One was about 25 feet from it but that doesn't count.

Anyway. Many happy things to report today. First , they offered me a permanent position at my company. You see, I have been working through an agency and will continue to do so until December 18, when I become THE WORLD"S GREATEST ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT EVER!! My degree is such a big, bloody, expensive waste.

Also, you know how I have been trying to get rid and/or pawn off my tanning contract? Well, tonight I did it. I was leaving the Evil Tanning Conglomerate and Very Younger Employee was showing the place to someone. I was going to talk to her, but I have tried doing that in the past and it usually turns out to be a waste of my time. So I dropped some things off at Kinko's for work, but I had a feeling and went back to the tanning place. This person was actually going to buy a contract, so yea! We have to go back on Tuesday and switch things and I am home free. This is a relief, because you know I have been trying to get rid of this thing for a while now. Bully for me.

The BF and I drank a bottle of wine last night. I have never done that with anyone. I got a little tipsy, but I was not hungover this morning. I really don't get hangovers. Although I do crave bread products when I drink a lot. Silver Mine is god.

I met Crazy Man this morning. I imagined him fatter, but no, just a bit paunchy. Still crazy though. Two incident reports had to be made, there was babbling.

Movie Review: Mission Impossible III, in HD no less. Very cool movie, the best of the 3. But I must say , do they have to have the same plot...the bad guy is really someone everyone knows within the organization. Betrayal really is the ultimate evil I guess. Good flick though.

Please read the following article, I think you'll agree with me that the Bush administration is not only out of touch with the needs and concerns of the nation, but also is completely out of touch with REALITY, that harsh little reminder of the real world and its consequences. Good lord, this is 2006, you’d think he'd get a clue.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/17/family.planning.ap/index.html


2 Comments:

At 8:21 PM , Blogger MOM said...

Your degree was not a waste of anything. At the moment you are reading and writing and lots of people can't do that past a 6th grade level. You know stuff that lots of non colleged degreed people don't know. You just wait, as time goes on...your degree will be used more and more. We already like your movie reviews. didn't you minor in film?

 
At 10:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you know, oh yeah, you gave birth to me 25 years ago a week from today.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home