Friday, November 10, 2006

Hug a Vet

Tomorrow is Veteran’s Day and being the daughter and granddaughter of 3 vets, it’s a special day for me. My dad and grandfathers are the most important men in my life, sorry BF, it’s true.

They are brave and strong and I am so glad that I have had a lifetime to be with and learn from them. We are a lucky family.

Vets make me incredibly weepy. I was reading some Veteran’s Day cartoon and I was tearing up like none other. I went through 3 tissues before I had to stop reading. I wish I still lived in DC. I would spend the day at the memorials, with my little American flag pinned to my bag.

Instead, I am going to write my granddaddies a thank you note and try to convince the BF to go to the art museum with me. He’s an artist, you’d think he’d jump at it.

4 Comments:

At 9:19 PM , Blogger MOM said...

Was trying to stay under the wire with my blog. I haven't told your dad about it yet. I fear if I do I will have to sensor all my blogs to be PC. So just between you and me, mums the word. I don't care if perfect strangers read all about all the intimate details of my life, but your dad is another story all together. Such kind words about your dad and granddaddies. I raised you right. Oh who am I kidding...your dad reads your blog...I'm busted!!!!

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

totally, but i really don't think he'll care after 30 years

 
At 2:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom, the LLS here, Betty Lou is right. You cannot censor yourself. It's your blog and it's important that it is a reflection of you, with your thoughts and your words. If Dad takes issue with it, he needs to lighten up. You've been making him happy for 30 years, it would take more than a blog to change that!

 
At 4:34 PM , Blogger chinchilla said...

I agree...it is a struggle to express yourself, but not hurt any one. Maybe giving blog addresses to people you know is a mistake and they should be treated more like a diary - but it's too late I guess = )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home