Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I'm Feeling a Bit Peevish, You?

Manners are incredibly important to me, even though I have a nasty habit of interrupting people when they talk. But there are some things I will not abide:

People who do not wave when you let them into a lane, which I have mentioned before, it’s my thing. I am mentioning this again because it happened again last night and this morning. Honestly, people, it’s a simple gesture that means so much.

You must say “excuse me” after you belch, I know, you’d think this is standard in human behavior. Not so, many people do not do this. It’s not ok, it’s gross. The “excuse me” just softens the blow.

No response when you greet someone. I would even take a “screw you” if that person didn’t like me, but something, come on.

Not going the speed limit in the slow lane or over it in the fast lane.

Untimely responses to emails or letters. I have been guilty of this one many times, but I like to think I am getting better.

Making plans and then canceling them extremely close to the event date (I do not mean this to you Gus and Chinchilla). This is only excusable if you are bleeding, dying or too tired to function, in which case you should have planned better. If you are canceling on your girls for a boy, you should be thrown into the pits of Hell every hour on the hour. Alas, I have been guilty of all of this, and I will be throwing myself into the pit later this afternoon, it's called filing.

Asking someone to start a task at 4:59pm. You had all day to ask them to do this task or at least give them some warning about it. You don’t ask at the end of the day. My former employers are guilty of this one. My current employers all leave between 4 and 4:30 so I pretty much don’t have to worry about this one for a while. Also asking me to do your personal business for you is slightly irritating.

Talking in a normally toned voice at the movies. Whisper damnit! No one cares what you think. I missed most of the last Star Wars movie (really not a loss, but I’m making a point here) because the guy sitting one seat over from me wouldn’t shut up. Same thing goes at concerts. Do not stand in front of someone at a relatively quiet concert (acoustic) and talk about you day at the office. It’s not the time or the place. Do when you are driving to or from the venue or while you are getting ready for bed, not while Kyle Riabko is playing.

5 Comments:

At 12:59 PM , Blogger Gus said...

Good call, I can't stand it when people don't do the wave when you let them in!!!!! It drives me nuts!!!!

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

I know, it's just mean not to do it.

 
At 9:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just lost another reader.

 
At 9:46 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Crap!!! What do you want? Who do you want me to be?

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger chinchilla said...

I think you've cancelled at the last minute on me, but since I didn't have plans with only you, I can forgive = )
And I don't believe it was for a boy.

Lost another reader? Why are people so sensitive?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home