Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Snow Love

I know my dad loves my mom for one reason. When it snows, he either drives her to work (she really hates the snow, that's why I got my license 1 day after I turned 16), or, if he can't do that, he shovels the driveway, the sidewalks, scrapes her car and salts the street near their closest intersection so she doesn't slide out.

It's not the huge gestures, it's not cars as gifts or diamonds (although for their 25th, he got her one). It's shoveling snow.

I know my parents love me because they call whenever it snows to remind me to get up early to give myself time to scrape and get to work, or back in the day, school.

Love and caring show themselves in the worst weather conditions.

The BF scraped my car after "House" last night.

2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He loves you!!!

 
At 6:40 AM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Snow maintenance doesn't mean the same thing to all people.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home