Thursday, January 25, 2007

Randomness of Life

I buy the snacks, soda and kitchen supplies for my office, just one of the many perks that make up my exciting job. While I was at the grocery store near my office the other day, I saw a middle/high school crush. Joe was popular and gorgeous. He was in theater. You see, I went to a school that sported an interesting dichotomy. Jocks on one end of the school, theater on the other. Rarely the two met, but both made offerings into the popularity pool. I spent the first half of high school in the jock end, in the pool mostly, sometimes the weight room. When I decided that I wanted to join the LLS in the theater section (she said, and I quote, "that's my side, not hers."), I got to indulge my passion for theater and got to ogle.

Anyway, back to Joe. Yes, he wore make-up to school a couple of times. No I didn't go to HS during that great androgyny time. He had acne and kids are cruel. It was his sister's make up too. Don't ask me how I know this. We maybe had 5 sentences pass between us the entire time we were in school together and several of those were about the difference between tights and nylons (Renaissance Fair, he bought the wrong ones).

No, I did not speak to him at the grocery, I probably would have had another stroke. Wish I had though, but you can't live in regret.

I have a pre-three month review on Monday (I want to be in the best possible shape for my actual review in March), wish me luck.

Oh, and I'm out of orange juice. Keep sending those positive thoughts Youngest's way.

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM , Blogger P said...

"...you can't live in regret"

Yes you can. It'll just make you a sad panda.

 
At 6:40 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Oh, Pooh. Regret is a bag full of bricks you don't have to carry. Make other people do it for you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home