Monday, March 26, 2007

And Another One Bites the Dust

I love Queen. They are so prophetic. Fat Bottomed Girls do make the world go round and I am the champion of the world. Or at least I will be someday. I know it's "we are the champions," but who are we kidding here?

Anyway, Bachelor #2 is gone (he emailed me not too long ago, see below). We had a date on Friday and even before this date I knew it was nearing the end. His divorce is just too fresh and I didn't want to be a rebound. It was always awkward and weird. He's not ready for a girl like me (glorious and lovely).

Honestly, this is a good thing. I was having trouble juggling. It's still a little sad.

The Email:

It has been an interesting year for me. I have learned a lot. But one of the things that I have learned is that I may not quite be ready for a relationship. While I know the few dates that we have does not come close to a relationship, I am just saying. I enjoy the time we spend together, but I feel awkward and frankly I have no idea what to do. And to be honest, I have no idea if you are even interested or not. So for right now what you see is what you get. Maybe it will change maybe not, I just don't know. So if you want to continue, that would be great, but if not I understand. I just don't want to give you the wrong idea, I am not that kind of person.

My Reply:

Dear Bachelor #2- I was thinking the exact same thing. Your divorce is so fresh that all I could ever be, at this point, is a rebound and I don’t want to be a rebound. You really are a great guy and I hope that we can keep in touch and maybe something will start at another time. But now is not that time.
I think Friday was proof that we should be friends for now. It was a little weird.
I am glad you made the first move on this.

Betty

3 Comments:

At 6:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for Bachelor #2. A guy who came clean and told the truth or at least it really sounded like the truth.

Now in in good conscience you can put your clean sheets to good use with Bachelor #6???? I can't believe I just told you tat. Love MOM

Does #6 read your blog?

 
At 9:51 PM , Blogger Michael Songero said...

Just have to point and wag the finger at you, BettyLou. How can you mention Queen on your blog without plugging Bohemian Rhapsody, one of the best road/sing-a-long tunes out there? Shame, shame....

 
At 11:11 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Yes, mom, he reads it. Makes for very simple story telling. And Rhapsody didn't tie into my point Mike.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home