Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ode to the Rice Krispie Treat

I made Rice Krispie Treats this weekend and just finished off the last one. They truly are the greatest food ever. Small, compact, generally not too crumbly. They are sweet and they are cereal so you don't have to feel bad eating them for breakfast. Which I have done the last 2 days. Greatest. Food. Ever. If someone ever made them for me, I think I could love them forever.

You always forget how good they are until you make them and then they are spectacular, especially when they are still warm and kinda gooey. I follow the recipe on the marshmallow bag, but I cut it in half. I have small cookware.

Rice Krispie treat, oh Rice Krispie treat
You tasty, filling, wonderful little eat
I cannot ignore you, I can not run away
I must take you every where, so we can play
You keep me keep me from getting tired
Oh you keep me so completely wired!
I must resist you, please understand that
If I just continue to adore you, I'll only get fat.

~by Scott Spencer

Ok, so I didn't write it but it's cute and everyone needs a little poetry in their life especially when it's about the best snack ever.

1 Comments:

At 6:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! I've been commented on the web. :)!

So, Colorado? I lived there until I was about 18 - born and raised. Then I up and moved.

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home