Saturday, June 17, 2006

Affirmation - I Love Canada

Lots of A's, a C, D, and an N and your good to go.

I think I have said it before, but I will say it again. I love Canadian entertainment, all forms. Music, TV (I have said this before) and movies. I just watched Men with Brooms. is a great movie and incredibly funny. It's about curling, which is a hilarious sport unto itself and is just so sweet and likeable that you have to love it.

It has the guy from "Due South" in it. I loved that show, until they changed his partner and it all went to shit, but he is gorgeous and funny and sweet in this movie and I have to add it to my collection.

You can't go wrong with dialogue like this:

Chris Cutter: No, it's not just a rock.
Amy Foley: No?
Chris Cutter: It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, beveled on the belly and a handle a human being can hold. And it may have no practical purpose in itself but it is a repository of human possibility and if it's handled just right, it will exact the kind of poetry...

Joanne: [discussing curling] Okay. Like shuttleboard.
James Lennox: It's shuffleboard and no. You gotta think like snooker, poker, and free-rock
climbing. This is dangerous shit.

It's curling...I love it!

PS - My Work BFF is Canadian, by way of Poland. She has triple citizenship (if that's possible, I don't question a girl born in Eastern Europe, you just don't) - USA, Canada, Poland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home