Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My Favorite Radio

I have a new favorite radio station for the car (I have a somewhat long commute and I can’t spend the entire time making fun of Swervey McMightBeDrunk. So I listen to jazz. I first fell in love with jazz when I was commissioned to write a magazine (yes, a magazine) for my alma mater’s annual jazz festival. I researched and talked to artists and their managers (also dad, in a duel role). They are all wondrous people and the history of jazz is so colorful. So now I am hooked on Diana Krall and a chick with the last name of Luna and all these wonderful songs.

The way I found this particular gem of a station, I was sitting with the gals at one of my birthday celebrations (the brunch, to be specific) and a TV in the restaurant was proclaiming the wonders of the station, whose nickname is Martini. And you can never go wrong with a martini, especially those apple ones, mmm.


So yes, some of the music can be classified as easy listening, but Frank comes on every now and again and it’s so worth it. Check it out: http://martiniontherockies.com/

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM , Blogger chinchilla said...

You should also check out madeleine peyroux, I can send some over if you have headphones at work.

 
At 12:46 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

No headphones, but I do like Madeleine Peyroux, send it to my email at home, if you could.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home