Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Marriage Debacle

For several years, I told my mother and father that I would never marry or give them grandchildren. Much to their consternation, because they "just want to see me happy" (i.e. paired off). But recently, I told them that I did plan to marry and procreate at some point, and they have been trying to set me up ever since, which I appreciate, even when my sisters get involved. All selections have been rejected thus far (felons, smokers, bad teeth, social miscreants). They just don't know me at all and they freakin' raised me. My mom says I am too picky. I say I am selective. If I am going to spend time with this person, I want to like them for who and what they are and not have to worry if he is going to steal my couch or stink up my house. My parent's neighbor says I am a classy lady and that no one is worthy of me. He is my favorite neighbor and is named Neighbor Tim.

Anyway, being selective has its drawbacks. I also stopped asking people out (which has cut my dating quantity, so that experiment is over, NOW). I wanted them to come to me, to desire me. I was sick of doing all the work. So this means I am single and have not had a date since November last. A Russian man, perfectly nice and perfectly boring. All he talked about was Communism and ninjas. Never make a date when you are drunk, it never works out.

I want a guy who is nice and quirky, I like quirky. I am quirky. I really like to say quirky. Someone who is smart and thoughtful and is not fucked up. Smokers need not apply. I don't want the guy who isn't honest, who is cowardly, I abhor cowards.

We shall now recount the not so great relationships of Lizzy, names will not be listed:

There are too many to go through, but I will say I am friends with one of them.It's a sad state of affairs, my affairs. Damn, I sound pathetic, but I'm not and I am not bitter either. I am happy, I have friends, I have a cat and I have HOPE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home